Monday, June 28, 2010

Magical Monotypes Workshop - a creative success!


Yesterday I led an enthusiastic group of artists into the wonderful world of printmaking - together with my press 'Thumper' we created monotypes using plants, stencils, lace and lots of ink!

I was overwhelmed by the number of beautiful images they created - the hall was covered from top to bottom with their prints.  My 2 drying racks just couldn't cope with the creative outpouring!

And thanks to my wonderful assistant, Jan (my mum!) the day went smoothly with lots of 'ooooohhhs' and 'aaaahhhs' over delicious colourful prints.   And those prints that didn't quite work will be excellent starting points for embellishment with stamps, text and drawing.

Thanks to everyone for a great day!

1 comment:

  1. The prints look fantastic. What a talented teacher you are!

    ReplyDelete