It wasn't a complex printing session, but just a relaxing exploration of a couple of plants I wanted to try before I did some garden trimming.
The flower heads were rather thick and juicy, so I first ran one through the press with butchers paper to get rid of some of the excess moisture. I then printed with it - the first print is show below. The green colour is actually from the plant not from ink, it still had plenty of liquid, staining the paper.
|The first print|
The second print (the ghost print) captured the delicate structure of the flower head. As the plant was so fresh, it fell apart as I removed it from the plate. I had to use the tweezers to methodically pick off the individual soft seeds that stuck to the plate....a zen moment requiring much care and patience!
|The second print|
The third print was used as a base for another print, using a paper mask to highlight the flower head image, which was much fainter at this stage.
|The third print|