Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 - happy CREATIVE new year

Welcome to the start of another new year, 2010 ! Time flies by so quickly, and once again I am dreaming of all the wonderful art I will create in the coming 12 months.

I've got plenty on the go already - at the moment I am preparing for a group printmaking exhibition organised by the Impress Printmakers as a collaboration with a group of Tasmanian printmakers. Cathy Money & I have booked the Impress studio for this coming Monday and Tuesday for a blissful 2 days of printmaking. I plan to absorb myself in producing monotypes, on the theme of pineapples for this exhibition. I have been busy collecting some very special plants to include in my artworks, as well as some pineapple stencils. I have also got 2 pineapple tops which I will cook up and make into paper to incorporate in the artworks.

Fingers crossed that my application for Artist in Residence at Mt Coot-tha is successful - I won't hear until late January. I am really looking forward to a very creative 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment