As you can see from the images below, I created a box suitable to house my recently completed Altered Book. The box is covered in a red Thai fern paper and a red mulberry paper lining.
The box was reasonably straight-forward to construct once I painstakingly planned every component, making precise measurements and cuts. I've made clamshell boxes before, but this one was a bit more complex. We used 3mm acid-free grey board with mulberry paper hinges which made the box very sturdy.
I'm not fond of being overly accurate and neat (especially when dealing with glue!) but I am very chuffed with the results. The box and book will be exhibited in the 'Papers Pages and Prints' exhibition at the Pine Rivers Gallery in September.
|The completed box with the bone clasps|
and mulberry paper lining
My Altered Book open at one of my favourite pages