Sunday, October 4, 2015

My unique fashion label

Last week I had the dye pot out doing some eco-dyeing on cotton t-shirts.  Great fun! Then the second stage was monoprinting leaves onto the shirts.  Below are photos of the printing in progress and the finished shirts.

Revealing the monoprint, using dwarf banksia leaves

Printing using 'interesting' gum leaves - lots of holes makes for
a print with character!

The finished shirt and gum leaves after printing


The banksia t-shirt finished
And then I used the same gum leaves to do some monoprints on paper, here are a couple of the resulting prints.  I've titled them 'Where I meet the Earth'.  The prints reminded me of looking down at decaying leaf litter on a rainforest floor - perhaps one of those memorable occasions when I'm checking my hiking boots for leeches!   ;-)



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I agree! But then I had to clean out my wardrobe to make space for the all new t-shirts I dyed and printed.....!

      Delete
  2. Wow, love the look of the shirts and prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy! It was great fun to experiment and have the dye pot set up for the week, a couple of t-shirts per day, changing the combinations and techniques each time to see what happens.

      Delete
  3. great..I especially love the prints made with the leaves

    ReplyDelete