Ever had the experience of trying to fix something and making it worse?
My previous blog post announced that I had completed a series of prints for a Quebec exhibition. I had completed 4 good prints that I was happy with. But then I noticed a few wrinkles in the area in which I embossed, so I thought 'I'll get rid of those wrinkles so the prints look better'. Great idea, failure in the execution!
I dampened the prints, placed them under weights for a day and ended up with some horrendous creases on top of the wrinkles. I've tried redampening and pressing and ironing but to no avail. I can't submit those prints.
So back to the press I go! Luckily I have 2 days at the studio this week. The only problem with monoprints is that I can't just simply reprint them from a pre-prepared plate. I have a very loose formula and process I can follow, but really its just serendipity as to how they turn out.....