Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Studio Time

There's nothing like working away in my studio with the rain falling outside and we've had plenty of that lately!  I've just spent 2 days printing in my studio with 'Thumper'.  I worked on some monotypes for my book making, then a series of works using pigeon imagery.  I've got a soft spot for pigeons, although most regard them as pests and a pooping nuisance!  The prints are a bit 'tongue-in-cheek' - I wanted to celebrate the pigeon as a beautiful bird, though a little common....

2 consecutive days of printing has allowed me to get into a great creative 'head'space and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I must thank my mother-in-law Jan and her husband Allan who collected plant materials for me during their recent caravan trip to South Australia.  I was able to use some of those plants in my work this week.

One of my prints I'll use for book making
One of my pigeon prints, a work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment