Thursday, November 21, 2019

From Paddock to Mountain - Artist In Residence - Part 1

For two weeks I'm artist in residence at the Nancy Fairfax AIR Studio at the Tweed Regional Gallery in Northern New South Wales (Australia).

Its a 2 hour drive from home, past the Gold Coast and over the state border.  The Studio sits next to the gallery, overlooking cow paddocks and looking towards the impressive Wollumbin (Mt Warning).

Throughout her professional life Margaret Olley supported many artists through mentorship and financial assistance. The Nancy Fairfax Artist in Residence (AIR) studio continues this legacy as an extension of the recreation of Margaret Olley’s home studio at Tweed Regional Gallery.

The Studio has a self-contained accommodation unit, with a large adjoining studio space. Perfect for a retreat to concentrate on my art practice.

The Nancy Fairfax Artist in Residence Studio


I've set up my printmaking studio with my portable etching press 'Thumper'. I'll be working on monotypes, polyester plate lithographs, as well as making notes and drawings.

The gallery is just a few steps away, so no doubt I'll be lurking around there quite often, particularly in the Margaret Olley Art Centre which also has an excellent library of art books.

I'll be posting several times during my residency so you can share in my creative experiences in this wonderful space.








No comments:

Post a Comment